Friday, December 09, 2011

We Are Back! For Good!

We moved back to Manila November 9th and I still haven't finished unpacking our boxes yet. And there are still more to come!

It was mixed emotions for me when we moved back.

As much as I love our lives here in Manila with our family and friends, I've also spent the last three years in Dubai with our friends there. Yes, it was not easy.

Physically, it was a nightmare - I had to pack the last three years of our lives in boxes and luggages - a total of 20 and nine respectively.

We also had to sell all our furniture, appliances and stuffs we don't need to bring back anymore.

At about the same time we were busy packing and sorting out our stuffs, Maddie fell sick.

Told ya, it was short of a nightmare. The last month was a blur!

Add to the list the engagement of my brother, a wedding in Macau and a family trip in Hong Kong. As well as, spring cleaning my closet.

The last bit was therapeutic! Since I have two sets of wardrobe - here and Dubai, I've accumulated tons of clothes and I probably haven't worn more than half of them in the last three years.

So what I did was, squinted my eyes (I can't just get rid of all my clothes blindly :p) and dumped everything in our tub. And soon as I've emptied them out, it was full once again!

I want to have out bathroom and "balcony" in our room renovated, hopefully soon.

Maddie's been loving all the attention she's getting from everyone. If it's even possible, she's so much more amazing and lovelier now. :p

Oh, I'm also back to work mode. I've been cruising for the last three years and getting back to work is not easy - mostly because I've been with Maddie pretty much everyday since she was born and now I only get to see her in the morning and when I get home. :( This alone is a huge adjustment for me.

No comments: