Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What Now?

Haven't posted in a long time. I should have, since I can afford to checkout shopping sites and occasionally read books and magazines - which means I have time.

How and where do I start?

Since I've changed my blog's title to Maddie and Us, I guess that's where I should begin.

Maddie is now One Year and Seven Months! Too fast, right?

But she's such a joy to observe and see everyday. She learns new tricks everyday.

She sometimes can sound like a recorder if in a good mood. (So we are now careful of what we say around her).

It seems like she loves to sing!

She loves school. When she sees that she's near the school, you have to drop her off right away, otherwise she'd fake cry. 

Yes, she's a drama queen. A cute one. 

Photo by: Jed Uy

She loves three-syllabled words. 

For some reason, she can't say Maddie. She'd say Ma and Ddie but if you ask her to pronounce Maddie, she'd say DiDi. All the time. 

Maddie knows her iPad from iPhone and iTouch. 

Loves to watch videos of Elmo but scared when sees Elmo dolls. :P 

Picky with her shoes! Have to trick her and coax her into wearing something that we want her to wear. And she loves to go to her shoe closet, take out a pair, put them on, take them off, return them to the closet, pick out another pair, put them on - you get my drift. 

I can go on and on about Maddie, I think she's amazing. Well, don't we all mommies feel our kids are amazing? :D 

On another note, Steve's been working in Taipei since May and has been flying back and forth every weekend to be with us. 

It's such a shitty arrangement but for now, we can't do anything. 

I'm honestly not ready to move again, not when it feels like I've just finally settled down after Dubai. Not when Maddie is thriving in school. Not when I'm home again. Not when I'm back with having my family and friends near me. 

But yes, as a family, we can't live like this. It's unhealthy for Steve and I. Unhealthy for Steve and Maddie. We need to be together, so next year, we are most likely moving to Taipei with Steve. 

Oh, we are moving to the house next to my parents and we're renovating the place. Since we got married, I've been wanting to fix our place to fit our style and just didn't get a chance to. But we finally are. So exciting! :) 

I've recently turned a year older and I told myself I shall stop counting my age. It's not a fun number anymore. I feel so ancient. :( 

This post is so all over the place. Will edit when I'm in the right mind set. ;) 




No comments: